Sunday, March 3, 2013


Posted: 02 Mar 2013 03:00 AM  via the SECRET CHURCH

Throughout the month of March, we will be posting daily about Chinese Muslims, the prayer focus for our upcoming Secret Church gathering. We invite you to learn about Chinese Muslims and pray with us for God’s glory to be made known among them. If you would like to read other posts in this blog series, you can find them here.
Chinese Woman and Son
Many people look at me and think that I have a hard life. But I only see that I have a lot to be thankful for.
My mother died when I was young, and being the only girl in the family, I quickly learned to take care of the house and feed my brothers who worked hard all day.
When it was time to be married, I only wished to marry someone who really loved me. You may think that a small request, but it didn’t happen for most of the girls I knew. In my culture, when your husband doesn’t choose you, it seems seldom that he really loves you.
But unlike many of my friends, I got lucky. Though my husband is 20 years my senior and already had one wife when we met, she was the one chosen for him, but I was the one he chose. In the end, I got my wish – my husband does love me.
With all that I am I want to do right by him, yet we struggle just to make ends meet. We had two daughters before I was able to give him a son, and our middle daughter was paralyzed when she was only a year old and is now unable to walk. The majority of our livelihood comes from making a special kind of bread known well in this part of China. It doesn’t bring in much money, but at least my family is able to be together every day.
I also have a couple friends who come often to visit me. They are different than me in more ways than just the color of our skin. They have told me about a man who is able to heal the sick, give sight to the blind and even raise the dead. I have heard of this man in the Qur’an when my husband sometimes reads to me… but I do not know Him in the way these friends talk about. They talk about the truth and I want to know the truth, but my mind just can’t yet grasp the truth that they have shared.

Prayer Requests:
  •  Pray for God to open the eyes and hearts of Chinese Muslim women to grasp the truth of the gospel and turn and follow Jesus.
  •  Pray that followers of Jesus will boldly tell Chinese Muslims about Jesus, the man who is able to heal the sick, give sight to the blind, raise the dead and give new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment