Thursday, February 28, 2013



Remember Charlie Brown's teacher and how she use to "BABBLE".  

Thought about how I could relate this to my quiet time with the God.

What does our time with Him truly look like?  
Is it tainted with all kinds of "me" stuff, is it full of complaints, requests and "to do" lists?  
Do we babble just to hear ourselves speak?

Why are we so afraid of silence, do we fear He might show us something that we don't want to see, tell us something that we don't want to hear?

Do you enjoy a one-sided conversation?    

Constantly hearing the other person speak, never being asked for your opinion?  

Why are we spending time with Him anyway, if we are not waiting/wanting to truly hear what He has to say?  Is it to make ourselves feel good?

How about just coming to Him in silence.  Saying, "here Lord is my sacrifice to you today, fill it as you desire."  I know for myself it has been very difficult, this silence thing.  But then I laugh inside and remind myself, what could I possibly say to this great God that He has not already heard or knows.  What if I chose to come to Him in silence this day, no agenda, no requests, just letting God be God.  If my silent heart said Lord ~ fill me with Your thoughts.

Lets try silence on for size.  

No comments:

Post a Comment